Monday, February 11, 2013

Ranty Time

I've mentioned I'm not a good cook, right? I mean, I cook, and many times I actually produce something pretty "daggum nommy" as Roy says, but I am not inventive. Most of the meals I cook are recipes I've found online like on Pinterest, or recipes someone else told me about. And, since I lean toward healthy cooking, I check out a lot of vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and paleo sites.

Have you ever noticed the recipes that call for homemade items, like almond milk? I totally understand the benefits of making things yourself, and I do make a lot of items myself rather than buying them, like salad dressing, but sometimes I just use stuff I buy in the store. I feel like the recipes are judging me. I'll whip out my Silk Coconut Milk and I can sense the recipe staring out at me from my iPad screen, like, "ohh, she's too good to cut open a coconut and scrape the coconut meat by hand and blend it. Does she not know how many chemicals and nitrates and toxins and....." Oh Holy Moses. Yes, I know. But ain't nobody got time fo' dat!" (I love that lady so hard!)


I thought about all this when I saw a hilarious pin on Pinterest. I had to post it, because it's so darn true.



For the record, I will never judge anyone for buying the frozen peas instead of fresh ones, or buying salad dressing instead of making it yourself. Are you eating a salad with that dressing, or dipping fries in it? If it's the former, then you are freaking awesome and you're already doing better than, like, insert potentially incorrect statistic here% of people. Did you buy cashews at Walmart for $0.33 an ounce instead of going to a health food store to buy the organic raw cashews that cost like $0.88 an ounce? Me too! Hey, if I had money flowing out of my eyeballs, I would probably buy the raw, organic, not-tainted-with-God-only-knows-what cashews, but for now, those recipes can bite me.
Ok, I'm done. =P

-Kale Queen


No comments:

Post a Comment